The Somerville Mathematics Fund, an affiliate of Dollars
for Scholars, was chartered in September 2000 to celebrate and encourage
achievement in mathematics in the city of Somerville, Massachusetts.
We are a non-profit, tax-exempt organization run completely by volunteers.
We are offering grants of up to $500 for K - 12 teachers of Somerville
students for a project to improve or enrich mathematics instruction in
the classroom or in an after-school program. The teacher should be
teaching in a school located in Somerville. The postmark application
deadline for this year's grant is 14 January 2012. Teachers can apply as a team for one grant. Please make sure to include the information on the first page about each teacher.
The first page of your application should include:
- Your name, home address, phone number
- Email for home
- Email for work
- Your current teaching position
- The name, address and phone number of your school
- The name of your principal
- Your signature and date
The second page of your application should include:
- A description of your project
- A list of your goals
- Your time-line
- Your detailed budget listing what you plan to purchase and vendors/stores that you will use to purchase the items listed. Please include shipping and handling.
- The number of students who will benefit from this project.
Please submit your completed application by 14 January 2012 to:The Somerville Mathematics Fund
c/o Erica Voolich
244 Summer Street
Somerville MA 02143