What Students have said about having
a Somerville Mathematics Fund Scholarship
“I am writing ... to express my sincere thanks for the scholarship... Next year I will be attending ... my first choice in schools. This might not have been possible without your help...”
“ The software package you have given me should also prove to be a powerful tool that I can utilize in my studies.”
“ I want to express my gratitude for being considered again for this scholarship. It has helped me very much financially these past two semesters. Last semester I earned a GPA of 3.76 ... I am going to continue pursuing a degree in Engineering, most likely focusing on Computer Systems Engineering and Computer Science, or Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering.”
“ Thank you for the offer of renewal of the Somerville Mathematics Fund scholarship. I have not yet completely decided my major... but most likely it will be a combination of economics and applied mathematics. I hope to use mathematics to supplement economics and to explore the use of mathematics in developing economic models.”
“ ... the Mathcad software package has been quite helpful for my calculus class.”
“ I think supporting the Somerville Mathematics Fund is one of the best ways donors can encourage the further study of mathematics by Somerville students.”
“ I am honored to have been chosen as a recipient of a Somerville Mathematics Fund scholarship.”
“ The support that the Somerville Mathematics Fund provides to students such as myself in college is indispensible and I hope the fund will continue to support future students to encourage the study of mathematics.”
News and Upcoming Events
- AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible Amazon.com purchases to the Somerville Mathematics Fund. Click here to make SMF as your choice charity.
- Use Giving Assistant to donate to us while you shop! It’s easy: Giving Assistant helps you donate a percentage of your cash back earnings to us with every purchase you make at 1800+ popular online retailers. You’ll also find useful Target Promo Codes, as well as big savings at places like Kmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl's!
- View Erica Voolich discussing SMF on TedTalk.
- Read about our Teacher Grant 2016 winners Time to apply for Teacher Grants for 2017. Due January 9, 2017..
- Photos from the ScrapHeap 2016 is available on our blog click here
- Click here for application information for Student Scholarship 2016. Due April 8, 2016.
- Scholarship Award Winners. Click here